Activities & Events at Peterhouse Retirement Complex
Activities and entertainment abound at Peterhouse Retirement Complex and Residential Care and Nursing Home in Bexhill, although all are optional. In addition to trips and events organised by management and the ‘Friends of Peterhouse’, we have a dedicated Activities Team providing a weekly programme on a one-to-one or group basis. Residents and guests can join in the events and activities at Peterhouse Residential Care and Nursing Home, which is based near Hastings, St Leonards, Battle and Eastbourne. Here’s a flavour of what is organised at Peterhouse:
- Full activities programme in the Day Centre and Care Wing offering arts and crafts, baking, reminiscence, movies, putting, bingo and other games
- Twice weekly armchair exercise classes with a visiting personal trainer
- Quiz nights bi-weekly
- Film nights weekly
- Gatherings to view sports and national events on the large screen
- Visiting speakers and entertainers
- Supermarket Trips twice weekly
- Visits to local places of interest
- Parties in our dining room and licenced bar
- BBQs during the summer months
- Annual events organised by our voluntary ‘Peterhouse Friends Group’ such as Ascot Day and the Sundowners Summer Drinks Party
- Full and varied Christmas programme
- Computer/Tablet/internet lessons – learn whatever you want from internet shopping to video calling your friends and family
Peterhouse Facilities available to all residents:
- Beautiful 3 acre site with numerous patio and seating areas
- 9 Hole putting green
- Bar (opened daily) and various lounge areas with big screen televisions
- A fully stocked library with internet access
- Enjoy Bexhill and the surrounding areas of Hastings, Battle and Eastbourne. Boasting beautiful seafront facilities, shopping and numerous attractions for those who enjoy history, sports, the arts and culture, this part of East Sussex really is a great place to live.
If you are interested in becoming a resident or attending our Day Centre, please contact us on 01424 730809. Our Retirement Complex and Residential Care and Nursing Home is based in Bexhill, close to Hastings, Battle, St Leonards and Eastbourne. You can find extra information about our activities and events below.
More information on Activities & Events at Peterhouse
Shopping Trips & Outings
You never have to worry about your food and supplies. Every Tuesday our minibus goes to the Tesco store at Ravenside Shopping complex which also has a Marks and Spencer store, on Wednesdays there is a day trip to a place of interest and on Thursdays we take you to Sainsburys and Bexhill Town centre.
Events are organized by Managers and The Friends of Peterhouse for you. There is the annual “Ladies Day at Ascot” where you are involved and compete to create the most fabulous hat whilst enjoying a glass of fizz and picking the horses from the race cards. There is the lavish “Summer Drinks” party and lots of exciting events taking place for Christmas and the New Year.
Our library is stocked with not only books but also videos and DVDs and if you are visually impaired we have audio tapes supplied by the National Association for the Blind. You can also make use of the computer, which has internet access to talk to family and friends via Skype or Google Hangouts.